Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again...









So, I didnt really talk to Jason about it. I just sent my resumes out to catering comanies to get myself employed. He called me yesterday to tell me that we dodged a bullet on some tax witholdings this week. He was short of freaking out about it. and that kinda sealed the fate of my weekends for the forseeable future. Back in the saddle again, slinging the ol' spanikopita and salad. It'll be great. really.


Ya know, I kinda miss the bustle of a holiday season in a restaurant. So, I am hoping and crossing my fingers that i get hired this weekend for some work. PLUS it'll get me in the money for christmas presents. Horray for you guys. Christmas presents from miami - so I don't know what the hell they will be or when you will actually get them, but if it is the thought that counts. I'm rich.


Today, i guess is a better day than yesterday. I always hear Stevie Wonder singing when I say that. " I love you more today than yesterday.. not half as much as tomorrow.." then I remember that I love the song 'ribbon in the sky' and nobody knows what i'm talking about. It's been happening alot with music lately. Sometimes I'll listen to something on myspace and a week later it's on the radio and Jason is all ' oh- love this song' and I'm already tired of it. or some band comes on the radio and I'm excited because i love the lyrics in their songs, or something will come up i've seen in a move and talk about the passion it evoked, or I feel like I speak a diffrent language than people most days. "hey- bob- have you heard the new song by blah de blah? it reminds me of stevie wonder " and bob will say "no, you listen to stuff thats way to smart for me I'm just a normal person with normal person taste in music. none of this new age music for me" Like bob is Sarah Palin or something. And I'm like "no, it's a classic- nevermind" and it's the end of that conversation I put my earbuds back in and pretend I'm listening to Madonna or something normal. I think Madonna is normal: she started out in new york as dreamer, worked hard, successful music career, best selling book, changed her hair color, questioned her sexuality, found the right guy, got religon, three kids, got a new religion, bathes in bottled water, good ol'fasioned divorce and is now nailing a superstar baseball player in new york. Full Circle. I digress.
So, today - better than yesterday. I wake up either in good spirits or bad. Today i watched a comic rather than the news. it changed my whole outlook on the day. Russell Peters. Funny Guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbrXD0kgrQ if you catch his showtime special- watch it. I get his kind of humor though. I also like brittish humor, so whatever.
I gotta get to work, i've spent the last two days pissing around - cutting snowflakes.
Merry Christmas!!

















1 comment:

Matt F. said...

Catering again huh? Monica's likely to get pulled into that a bit this holiday season too, but who knows. I wish you luck with your new endeavours! :) Keep in touch.